This series of posts is dedicated to those who don’t really know where to go. Maybe you’ll find something you want to see and didn’t think about yet. I want to provide some short facts here. You may want to google bold marked words in order to get some images. There is much more to see but you should get an idea of the regions.
- Australia is about the most popular country for work and holiday. It’s also known for the famous red Outback and their aboriginies.
- Especially the east coast is very popular for backpacking, it’s really easy to travel and meet people there.
- Expensive to travel. If you are coming from South East Asia you might be seriously shocked.
- Very safe to travel.
- Highlights: Kangaroos atleast for me just those lovely animals are worth a visit, the Great Barrier Reef unfortunately it lost a lot of its grace due to global warming, Fraser Island, Whitsunday Islands, the Outback, Ayers Rock, Kings Canyon, the Olgas, Kakadu National Park, Tasmania liked also because it’s getting less crowded there, Ningaloo Reef, Sydney with the famous Opera House.
- Others: If you have the money and time the best way to discover Australia is by campervan. East coast, west coast, or a road trip through the Outback? Maybe a full lap? It will be an once in a lifetime experience for sure.
- The land with more sheep than humans. New Zealand is also a popular work and holiday country. Usually you come to New Zealand if you have a heart for nature and outdoor sports. If you have seen The Lord of the Rings, you want to discover those places by yourself. Besides nature it has some rather bizarre sights like the Hundertwasser Toilets. If you want to call that a sight at all.
- Very safe to travel
- Rather expensive to travel.
- Highlights: Abel Tasman National Park with its white beaches, Kaikoura where you can swim with dolphins, the Queen Charlotte Trek and trekking in general, Fox and Franz Josef Glacier, the famous Shire from The Lord of the Rings, Waiheke Island, Coromandel, Bay of Islands, Rotorua with countless geysers, Tongariro another must for trekking fans.
- Others: The Golden Shears the world´s premier shearing and woolhandling championship 🙂
As always you are very welcome to leave additions/suggestions/opinions in the comments!
Previous: Overview America